Mercedes-Benz Australia has detailed its flagship electric SUV ahead of its local launch next month.
The Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV will only be available in one variant at launch, the EQS 450 4Matic SUV, which is priced from $194,900 before on-roads.
The EQS SUV is the electric counterpart to the combustion-powered GLS SUV, and is the fourth vehicle to use the brand’s dedicated Electric Vehicle Architecture (EVA).
The Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 4Matic SUV arrives locally at the same time as the EQE SUV, however it’s larger inside and out, and also offers total seating capacity for seven people.
A Mercedes-Maybach version of the EQS SUV has also been revealed, called the EQS 680 SUV. It’s due here in mid-2024.
- 2024 Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 4Matic SUV: $194,900
Pricing is before on-road costs.
The Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 4Matic SUV is powered by a dual-motor all-wheel drive setup producing system outputs 265kW of power and 800Nm of torque.
This is fed by a 107.8kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
The EQS 450 4Matic SUV has a claimed range of up to 592km according to more lenient NEDC standards.
The EQS SUV has a maximum DC fast-charging rate of 200kW, and a maximum AC charging rate of 11kW.
The Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV measures in at 5125mm long, 1959mm wide, and 1718mm tall. This is 262mm longer, 10mm wider and 32mm taller than the EQE SUV.
With all three rows upright there a boot capacity of 195 litres, which expands to between 645 litres and 880 litres with them the third row folded, depending on the position of the second-row seats.
With the third- and second-row seats folded there’s up to 2100 litres of cargo space.
While it hasn’t detailed specific service prices and warranty terms for the EQS SUV, Mercedes-Benz backs its EQE and EQS with a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and provides a 10-year, 250,000 warranty for the high-voltage battery.
The Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV has yet to be tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
The EQS 450 4Matic SUV comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Active lane-keep assist
- Active Lane Change assist
- Active Steering assist
- Pre-safe Impulse side accent preparation system
- Adaptive cruise control
- Traffic jam assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Route-based speed adaption
The 2024 Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 4Matic SUV comes standard with the following features:
- 21-inch AMG alloy wheels
- Airmatic air suspension
- Rear-axle steering (up to 4.5 degrees)
- AMG Line exterior
- AMG-specific front bumper
- High-gloss black lower bumper, wheel arch linings and side sills
- AMG-specific rear apron
- Digital Light headlights
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.8-inch OLED touchscreen infotainment system
- Head-up display
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 15-speaker Burmester surround sound system
- 64-colour interior ambient lighting
- Nappa leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel
- Leather Comfort seats
- Electric, memory, heated and cooled front seats
The $11,700 Comfort Package adds:
- Dual 11.6-inch front headrest-mounted displays
- Wireless headsets
- Comfort armrest
- MBUX rear tablet
- Rear wireless charger
- Second-row pillow-style headrests
- Heated second- and third-row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Energising Package Plus
- Air Balance Package
The $6700 MBUX Hyperscreen Package adds:
- 17.7-inch central touchscreen
- 12.3-inch passenger touchscreen
The $2900 rear-axle steering upgrade adds:
- Up to 10 per cent rear steering angle
The Mercedes-Benz EQS 450 4Matic SUV is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Polar White
- Selenite Grey metallic
- Emerald Green metallic
- High-Tech Silver metallilc
- Sodalite Blue metallic
- Velvet Brown metallic
- Obsidian Black metallic
Manufaktur Alpine Grey solid costs an extra $2230.80, while Manufaktur Diamond White Bright carries a $1691.80 surcharge.