The range opens up with the RAV4 GX 2WD from $39,760 before on-road costs and extends to $58,360 before on-road costs for the flagship RAV4 Edge Hybrid AWD.
The company says the price increases are due to “increased costs and inflationary pressures outside of our control such as more expensive raw materials, labour, tooling and packaging which are feeding into higher manufacturing costs”.
The 2023 RAV4, which started arriving in showrooms last December, features Toyota’s latest infotainment system that debuted in the Corolla Cross.
The XSE, Cruiser and Edge now receive a larger, 10.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system and a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, with the more affordable GX and GXL sticking with a smaller 8.0-inch touchscreen but upgrading from a 4.2-inch to a 7.0-inch instrument cluster screen.
Apple CarPlay connectivity for the touchscreen is now wireless, though Android Auto still requires a cable to connect.
There’s cloud-based satellite navigation on all models, with XSE grades and up getting a new-look embedded sat-nav system. The RAV4 also now supports over-the-air updates.
All 2023 RAV4 models gain 12 months of complimentary Toyota Connected Services functionality, which allows for remote vehicle monitoring. You can read more about this here.
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 GX 2WD: $39,760 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 GX Hybrid 2WD: $42,260 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 GXL 2WD: $43,310 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 GX Hybrid AWD: $45,260 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 GXL Hybrid 2WD: $45,810 ($1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 GXL Hybrid AWD: $48,810 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser 2WD: $48,910 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 XSE Hybrid 2WD: $49,585(+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid 2WD: $51,410 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 XSE Hybrid AWD: $52,585 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid AWD: $54,410 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 Edge AWD: $56,230 (+$1710)
- 2023 Toyota RAV4 Edge Hybrid AWD: $58,360 (+$1710)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Petrol 2WD versions of the RAV4 are powered by a 2.0-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine developing 127kW of power and 203Nm of torque, driving the front wheels via a standard continuously variable transmission.
RAV4 2WD Hybrid models pair a 2.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine with an electric motor and battery pack, good for a system output of 160kW.
Opting for an AWD Hybrid adds an extra e-motor on the rear axle boosting maximum power to 163kW, and also adds a Trail mode which alters throttle, wheel braking and torque distribution to enhance traction on low-grip surfaces.
Finally, the Edge AWD petrol is the sole variant that offers the larger 2.5-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder petrol engine teamed with an eight-speed auto and standard all-wheel drive, developing 152kW and 243Nm.
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 2.0-litre 2WD uses 6.0L/100km on the combined cycle, while the 2.5-litre petrol AWD uses 7.0L/100km.
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 2WD hybrid uses 4.7L/100km on the combined cycle, with the 2.5-litre AWD hybrid uses 4.8L/100km.
The petrol engine requires only 91RON regular unleaded fuel, while both engines have a 55L fuel tank.
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 measures 4600mm long, 1855mm wide, 1685mm tall with a 2690mm wheelbase.
The Toyota RAV4’s boot space measures 580L with the rear seats up and with a space-saver spare. A full-size spare is optional only in GX models.
Towing capacity varies. Braked towing capacity is 480kg in 2WD hybrid models, 800kg in 2.0-litre models, and 1500kg in AWD hybrid and 2.5-litre models.
Unbraked towing capacity is 750kg in all bar the 2WD hybrid models, where it’s 480kg.
The 2023 Toyota RAV4 is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Toyota Australia also offers up to five years (60 months) or 75,000km of capped-price servicing, with intervals of 12 months/15,000km for the RAV4.
All RAV4 engine variants cost $260 per service for the first five visits under the capped-price servicing program.
The Toyota RAV4 wears a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on tests conducted by Euro NCAP in 2019.
It scored of 93 per cent for adult occupant protection, 89 per cent for child occupant protection, 85 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 83 per cent for safety assist.
The following safety features are standard across the range:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Pedestrian/daytime cyclist detection
- Intersection Turn Assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane departure warning
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
- Trailer sway control
- Emergency Steering Assist
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Seven airbags incl. front, front side, full length curtain and driver’s knee airbag.
A 360-degree camera is available on Cruiser and Edge models, while the Edge alone has active rear cross-traffic assist and low-speed reverse AEB.
The RAV4 GX comes standard with the following equipment:
- Parabolic LED headlights with auto-levelling
- Front LED fog lights
- Automatic high-beam
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ radio
- Wireless Apple CarPlay, Wired Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- 7.0-inch instrument cluster screen
- 60/40 split-fold rear seats and centre armrest
- Dual-zone climate control (hybrid only)
- Keyless start
- Leatherette-wrapped steering wheel
- Front/rear carpet mats
- Space saver spare tyre
- Electronic parking brake
- LED interior lighting
- LED daytime running lights
- Rear mudflaps
- Resin rear spoiler
- Rear passenger air vents
- 2x front and 2x rear cup holders
- 3x front and 2x rear USB ports
- 12-month subscription to Connected Services
The RAV4 GX Hybrid removes:
- Parabolic LED headlights with auto-leveling
- Projector LED headlamps
- Optional full-size spare wheel
The GXL adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- ‘Premium’ grille and bumper combo
- Rear privacy glass
- Leatherette-wrapped shifter
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Dual-zone climate control
- Proximity entry
- Wireless phone charging
- Front mudflaps
- Roof rails
- Illuminated interior door switches
- Two-level boot floor
- Parabolic LED headlights with auto-levelling (petrol) or projector LED headlights (hybrid)
The hybrid-only XSE adds:
- Black exterior accents
- Black two-tone roof finish
- 18-inch alloy wheels in gloss black
- Black headliner and pillar garnish
- Leather-accented door trims
- Ambient lighting (model-specific)
- Softex ‘premium’ seat upholstery
- Heated front seats
- 10-way power adjustment with lumbar support (driver)
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.5-inch infotainment display
- Power tailgate
- Navigation with Toyota Connected Services subscription
- Projector LED headlights
The RAV4 Cruiser petrol adds:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Auto power-folding mirrors
- Power sunroof
- 10-way power driver’s seat with memory
- 8-way power passenger seat
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Leather upholstery
- Ambient lighting
- Nine-speaker JBL sound system
- Surround-view camera
- Digital rear-view mirror
The RAV4 Cruiser Hybrid adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Projector LED headlights
The RAV4 Edge adds:
- 19-inch machine-faced alloy wheels
- Model-specific exterior styling
- Off-road mode selector dial
- Hill descent control
- Softex ‘premium’ upholstery
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Unique Edge bumper and grille
- Panoramic sunroof (optional for petrol model only)
- Premium paint: $675
- Full-size spare (GX Hybrid): $300
- Panoramic sunroof (Edge AWD petrol): $1300
Toyota offers nine colour options for the 2023 RAV4. Glacier White and Jungle Khaki (only available on Edge) are no-cost options and all other colours carry a $675 premium.
- Eclipse Black
- Mineral Blue
- Saturn Blue
- Atomic Rush
- Silver Sky
- Frosted White (not available on GX)
- Glacier White
- Jungle Khaki (only available on Edge)
MORE: Everything Toyota RAV4