The updated Kia Seltos small SUV range arrives in showrooms this month, with drive-away pricing up by between $2220 and $2900.
The Seltos now starts at $31,690 drive-away for the entry-level Seltos S 2.0 FWD, and extends to $47,690 drive-away for the flagship GT-Line 1.6T AWD.
There’s still a choice of naturally aspirated 2.0-litre and turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder engines, though the latter gets 16kW more than before and ditches its seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission for an eight-speed torque-converter auto.
The turbo engine continues to be offered exclusively in Sport+ and GT-Line guise.
UPDATE, 28/11/2022 14:00 – Our review of the updated Kia Seltos is now live. You can check it out here.
Beyond the powertrain updates, the Seltos offers more safety features as standard for 2023. The base S comes standard with blind-spot assist, rear cross-traffic assist, Intelligent Speed Limit Assist and Lane Following Assist – the previous Safety Pack option has been dropped.
Further, all models receive rear air vents and USB-C charging ports. Previously, only the top-spec GT-Line offered rear ventilation.
Traditional analogue gauges are no more with the updated Seltos range, with the base S getting a ‘basic’ digital instrument cluster with a 4.2-inch screen, and Sport, Sport+ and GT-Line models receiving dual 10.25-inch screens.
There’s also a redesigned climate control panel.
The Seltos is the second model in the brand’s Australian lineup to feature Kia Connect online services, standard from the Sport grade and up.
A complimentary seven-year subscription brings “customer benefits in safety, security, convenience, connectivity, and live services by using telematic systems to transfer real time data, such as weather and traffic information” – read more about Kia Connect here.
Externally, the Seltos now features updated headlight graphics, a “larger and bolder” front grille as well as revised bumpers.
GT-Line versions score a new LED headlight design with a ‘star-map’ signature, as Kia describes it, as well as LED combination tail light clusters.
All models feature alloy wheels as standard (new for Seltos S), with Sport, Sport+ and GT-Line models featuring new machine-finished designs.
Seven colours are offered across the line-up, including a new Pluton Blue finish. The outgoing models’ Starlight Yellow has been dropped, while Clear White and Pluton Blue are available with a contrast Fusion Black roof exclusively on the Seltos GT-Line.
- 2023 Kia Seltos S 2.0 FWD: $29,500
- 2023 Kia Seltos Sport 2.0 FWD: $32,700
- 2023 Kia Seltos Sport+ 2.0 FWD: $35,800
- 2023 Kia Seltos Sport+ 1.6T AWD: $39,300
- 2023 Kia Seltos GT-Line 2.0 FWD: $41,500
- 2023 Kia Seltos GT-Line 1.6T AWD: $44,900
All prices are before on-road costs.
Kia Australia also offers the following nationwide drive-away prices.
- 2023 Kia Seltos S 2.0 FWD: $31,690
- 2023 Kia Seltos Sport 2.0 FWD: $35,390
- 2023 Kia Seltos Sport+ 2.0 FWD: $38,490
- 2023 Kia Seltos Sport+ 1.6T AWD: $41,990
- 2023 Kia Seltos GT-Line 2.0 FWD: $44,590
- 2023 Kia Seltos GT-Line 1.6T AWD: $47,690
The 2.0-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine carries over from the pre-update model and produces 110kW of power and 180Nm of torque. It’s available across the entire range.
The engine is mated to a continuously-variable transmission (CVT), with drive sent to the front wheels only.
The 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine also carries over but now produces 146kW and 265Nm, which is 16kW more than the outgoing model. It’s available only on Sport+ and GT-Line trim levels.
The turbocharged engine is now mated to an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission instead of the outgoing dual-clutch, with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
The 2023 Kia Seltos uses 6.9L/100km on the ADR combined cycle with the 2.0-litre engine and 7.4L/100km with the 1.6-litre turbo.
All models have a 50-litre fuel tank and can run on a minimum on 91 RON regular unleaded petrol.
The Kia Seltos measures in at 4385mm long, 1800mm wide, and up to 1635mm tall, with a 2630mm wheelbase.
Boot space varies depending on if there’s a space-saver or full-size spare wheel. The entry-level S trim is the only model to receive a space-saver spare wheel.
With the rear seats upright, boot space with the space-saver spare wheel is 468L, whereas with the full-size spare wheel it’s 433L.
With the rear seats folded, boot space with the space-saver spare wheel is 1428L, whereas with the full-size spare wheel it’s 1393L.
The Seltos with the 2.0-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine has a maximum braked towing capacity of 1100kg, while with the 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder it’s 1250kg.
Unbraked towing capacity is 600kg for both powertrains, and maximum tow ball download is 130kg.
The 2023 Kia Seltos is covered by a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, with seven years of capped price service and up to eight years of roadside assist if you service the car at an authorised Kia dealer.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km with the 2.0-litre engine, and 12 months or 10,000km with the 1.6-litre turbo.
The first seven services in the 2.0-litre are capped at $290, $496, $354, $616, $326, $626 and $346.
The first seven services in the 1.6-litre are capped at $309, $502, $375, $653, $348, $632 and $673.
The Kia Seltos was crash tested by ANCAP in 2019 and it received a five-star safety rating.
It received an adult occupant protection score of 85 per cent, child occupant protection score of 83 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 61 per cent, and a safety assist score of 70 per cent.
All 2023 Kia Seltos models come standard with the following safety features:
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Safe Exit Warning
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centring)
- Driver Attention Alert
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rear-view camera
- Tyre-pressure monitoring system
Sport+ and GT-Line models receive AEB with cyclist avoidance and junction turning assist, as well as adaptive cruise control and lead-vehicle departure alert.
The 2023 Kia Seltos S comes standard with the following features:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Spare-saver spare wheel
- Automatic halogen headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- Halogen daytime running lights
- Rear fog light
- Matte Black grille mesh
- Body-coloured door handles
- Body-coloured, power-folding side mirrors
- Roof rails
- Rear spoiler
- Shark fin antenna
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster screen
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- 12V power outlet in front console
- USB-A and USB-C outlet in front console
- Two USB-C outlets behind centre console
- Manual air-conditioning
- Second-row air vents
- Manual handbrake
- Folding key
- Cloth upholstery
- Six-way manually adjustable driver’s seat
The Seltos Sport adds:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size spare wheel
- Windscreen and front door Solar Glass
- Halogen (projector-style) front fog lights
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- DAB+ digital radio
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Satellite navigation
- Sounds of Nature
- Kia Connect (seven-year complimentary service)
- Climate control
- Driver window one-touch up and down
- Premium steering wheel
- Premium gear shifter
The Seltos Sport+ adds:
- Heated side mirrors
- Privacy glass
- AEB cyclist avoidance and junction turning assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Electric park brake with auto-hold
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- LED interior lights
- Illuminated vanity mirrors
- Front centre console armrest sliding function
- Rear centre armrest
- Cloth and artificial leather upholstery
The flagship Seltos GT-Line adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- LED fog lights
- LED positioning lights
- LED rear combination tail lights
- Premium Gloss Black grille mesh
- Satin silver belt line
- Tilt and slide sunroof (not available with two-tone paint)
- Power tailgate
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Head-up display
- Wireless phone charger
- Eight-speaker Bose premium sound system
- Heated, flat-bottom steering wheel
- Interior ambient lighting
- Parcel shelf
- Premium artificial leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- 10-way power driver’s seat with two-way power lumbar support and two-position memory
- Eight-way power front passenger seat
The 2023 Kia Seltos range is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Mars Orange
- Pluton Blue
- Snow White Pearl
- Steel Grey
- Gravity Grey
- Fusion Black
- Neptune Blue
- Clear White/Fusion Black roof
- Pluton Blue/Fusion Black roof
The two-tone paint options are only available on the GT-Line and remove the tilt-and-slide sunroof.
MORE: Everything Kia Seltos