Genesis has given the GV60 electric SUV some specification tweaks ahead of its arrival on Australian shores in May 2023.
Pricing is up $4000 across the GV60 range, with it now starting at $107,700 before on-roads for the AWD, and extending to $114,700 before on-roads for the Performance AWD.
A major highlight of this update to the Genesis GV60 is the debut of Genesis Connected Services (GCS), which allows owners to access safety, security and convenience features either in-car or on a smartphone.
A full breakdown of what’s included in GCS is in the Standard Equipment section.
There’s now also over-the-air (OTA) software update capability, which means customers won’t need to visit service centres for software and firmware updates.
The 2023 Genesis GV60 now receives Face Connect, which uses biometric facial recognition to recognise the driver using a camera in the driver’s side door trim.
When it recognises the driver it can activate personalised settings for the seating position, steering wheel, mirrors and infotainment.
Face Connect also supports vehicle locking with the key inside, which Genesis says is ideal for situations where carrying a key would be inconvenient.
In addition to Face Connect, the GV60 now gets Fingerprint Start which allows the driver to touch a fingerprint reader and then start the vehicle using the starter button after receiving a confirmation message on the screen.
The flagship GV60 Performance AWD has received a Virtual Gear Shift function which “provides an additional layer of involvement during enthusiastic driving”. It’s said to simulate a sequential gear-shifting experience using steering wheel paddles.
Other range-wide specification tweaks include two new rear side airbags bringing the total to 10, an air purification mode with fine dust sensor, additional ambient lighting in the front footwells, as well rear brake caliper covers. Entry-level AWD models get silver calipers, and Performance AWD models get black calipers.
Lastly, Genesis has made some adjustments to the exterior paint colour options for the GV60. Sao Paulo Lime is no longer offered, Capri Blue replaces Adriatic Blue, and Makalu Grey replaces Himalayan Grey and Melbourne Grey Matte.
- 2023 Genesis GV60 AWD: $107,700 (+$4000)
- 2023 Genesis GV60 Performance AWD: $114,700 (+$4000)
All prices are before on-road costs and include Luxury Car Tax.
The base GV60 AWD features a 74kW front and 160kW rear motor, for a total combined output of 234kW. Peak combined torque is 605Nm.
The GV60 Performance AWD has 180kW motors on both axles for a total output of 360kW, and a combined peak torque figure of 700Nm.
In the GV60 Performance AWD’s Boost Mode, which primes the motors to provide peak output for 10 seconds, it can hit 100km/h in 4.0 seconds from standstill.
Both models feature a 77.4kWh lithium-ion battery pack.
The GV60 AWD has a claimed range of 470km on the WLTP test cycle, while the Performance is 4km worse off with a claimed 466km range.
Both models feature the same battery, and the same 800V architecture allowing them to charge at up to 350kW when hooked up to a DC public fast charger. That means it can charge from 10 to 80 per cent charge in 18 minutes.
The GV60 also features V2L technology, which allows owners to plug appliances into the car and run them on a 3.6kW power supply. The same technology features on the EV6 and Ioniq 5.
The Genesis GV60 measures in at 4515mm long, 1890mm wide, and 1595mm tall, with 2900mm wheelbase.
Boot capacity with the rear seats upright is 432 litres, which can be expanded to 1460 litres with them folded.
The Genesis GV60 is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty for private buyers.
There’s also an eight-year, 160,000km warranty for the high-voltage battery.
Logbook servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km. Genesis is currently offering the GV60 with five years or 75,000km of complimentary service.
In addition, Genesis offers five years of the ‘Genesis To You’ program which includes concierge servicing and a complimentary courtesy vehicle.
The GV60 also comes with five years of roadside assistance which can be extended to 10 years if you service at an authorised Genesis dealer.
Finally, Genesis offers GV60 owners the option of a five-year Chargefox subscription or a home AC charger.
The Genesis GV60 was awarded a five-star ANCAP safety rating in 2022 based on testing conducted by Euro NCAP.
It received an adult occupant protection rating of 89 per cent, a child occupant protection rating of 89 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection of 63 per cent, and a safety assist rating of 88 per cent.
The GV60 range now comes with a total of 10 airbags thanks to the addition of rear side airbags. Standard active safety kit includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Pedestrian detection
- Cyclist detection
- Junction assist
- Rear AEB
- Blind-spot monitoring and assist
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Rear cross-traffic alert and assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Driver-attention monitoring
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist
- Safe-exit assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Surround-view camera
The 2023 Genesis GV60 AWD comes standard with the following:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Rear disc brake caliper cover (NEW)
- Automatic LED headlights
- Roof rails
- Puddle lighting with Genesis logo
- Fixed glass roof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Nappa leather seat trim
- Copper interior accents
- Suede headliner and pillars
- Leather-trimmed dashboard, door trims, console with stitching
- Adjustable ambient lighting with foot lights
- Dual-zone climate control
- Air purification mode with fine dust sensors (NEW)
- Face Connect (NEW)
- V2L capability
- Digital side mirrors (cameras in place of exterior rear mirrors)
- 18-way power adjustable driver’s seat with massage
- 12-way power adjustable passenger seat
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Fingerprint-based unlocking, keyless entry/start
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Over-the-air updates (NEW)
- Satellite navigation
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 17-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Head-up display
- Wireless phone charger, 3 x USB ports
- Powered tilt/reach steering wheel
- Power tailgate with kick opening
The GV60 now also comes with a complimentary five-year subscription to Genesis Connected Services (GCS). It can do the following functions in-car:
- Automatic collision notification
- SOS emergency calling
- Connected routing for live traffic
- Valet mode
- Voice control for vehicle functions
- Calendar integration
- Weather forecast
- Vehicle diagnostics
The following can also be viewed on the Genesis Connected Services smartphone app:
- Calendar integration
- Remote functions
- Rear seat passenger alert
- Parked vehicle location
- SVM-linked vehicle surroundings display
- Navigation destination send to car
- Alert services
- Vehicle health report
- Start/stop charging and charging limits
- Energy consumption monitor and driving history
- EV charging station search
- Driveable distance radius
The flagship GV60 Performance AWD adds:
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Electronic limited-slip differential system on rear axle
- Camera-based adaptive suspension
- Boost mode
- Virtual Gear Shift (NEW)
- Alloy interior pedals
- Metallic interior accents
The 2023 Genesis GV60, depending on the variant, is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Vik Black
- Atacama Copper gloss
- Atacama Copper Matte
- Barossa Burgundy
- Saville Silver
- Capri Blue (NEW)
- Hanauma Mint
- Makalu Grey (NEW)
- Mauna Red
- Uyuni White
- Matterhorn White Matte
Only the flagship GV60 Performance AWD is available with the matte exterior paint colours, which cost an additional $2000.
MORE: Everything Genesis GV60