Volkswagen and Walkinshaw are taking their partnership off the beaten track.
The Amarok W580X will be on sale in April 2022, and follows the road-focused W580 and W580S released earlier in 2021.
The X doesn’t deviate too far from the formula laid down by the more road-focused W580 .
Like before, it gets unique 18-inch alloy wheels, a bespoke exterior, and plenty of Walkinshaw branding inside.
The major changes have been wrought under the skin. Along with a suspension lift, the X will get a set of twin-tube MTV dampers, rock sliders, and branded bash plates.
Bespoke underbody protection and the option for a snorkel round out the major changes.
Power still comes from the Amarok’s most powerful engine, a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel V6 making 190kW of power and 580Nm of torque, sent to all four wheels through a full-time four-wheel drive system.
Standard equipment in the Amarok W580X will include:
- 18-inch forged alloy wheels and AT tyres
- Front suspension lift
- Off-road tuned suspension with MTV twin-tube damper
- Rubber Mats
- New front upper grille design, bumper inserts
- LED fog lamps
- Velour seat trim with Walkinshaw branding
- Heated front seats
- Bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights
- Dual-zone climate control
- Multi-function steering wheel with paddles
- Black exterior mirrors and rear bumper
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Custom bash plates, rock sliders
- LED light bar
- Seikel underbody protection and breathers
Pricing for the new Amarok off-roader will be announced closer to launch.
The W580 kicks off at $72,490 before on-roads, and the W580S starts at $79,990 before on-roads.