Prices for the Mercedes-Benz GLA compact SUV range are up ahead of 2022.
The price increase is due to a number of outside influences, according to a Mercedes-Benz spokesperson.
Mercedes-Benz is, however, now offering more standard equipment across the range.
The Mercedes-AMG GLA35 is the big winner, with multiple features – including a surround-view camera and the MBUX Interior Assistant – now standard.
Pricing for the range now starts at $57,789 before on-road costs for the GLA200, and extends to $108,795 before on-road costs for the GLA45 S.
The full range with four variants is retained for the 2022 model year, still with the fire-breathing Mercedes-AMG GLA45 S at the top.
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLA200: $57,789
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4Matic: $70,699
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLA35 4Matic: $83,576
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLA45 S 4Matic+: $108,795
All prices exclude on-road costs
Unchanged for the 2022 model year, the GLA is exclusively powered by turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engines.
GLA200 models are powered by a 1.3-litre turbo four-cylinder co-developed with the Renault-Nissan alliance that produces 120kW of power and 250Nm of torque. This is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.
The GLA250 4Matic receives a larger 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder producing 165kW and 350Nm. This drives all four wheels via an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Stepping up to the AMG GLA35 gets an even more powerful version of the GLA250’s 2.0-litre turbo, producing 225kW and 400Nm. This drives all four wheel via an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic and can sprint from 0-100km/h in a claimed 5.1 seconds.
Finally, the flagship AMG GLA45 S gets a model-specific 2.0-litre turbo four-cylinder producing a hefty 310kW and 500Nm. The is mated to an eight-speed dual-clutch automatic powering all four wheels through a variable all-wheel drive system.
This model can do the 0-100km/h sprint in a claimed 4.3 seconds, making it 0.2 seconds faster than its Audi RSQ3 and RSQ3 Sportback rivals.
Fuel economy figures for the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLA are as follows:
- GLA200: 6.2L/100km
- GLA250 4Matic: 7.5L/100km
- AMG GLA35 4Matic: 8.0L/100km
- AMG GLA45 S 4Matic+: 9.6L/100km
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLA measures 4417mm long, 1834mm wide and 1616mm tall with a 2729mm wheelbase.
There’s 435L of boot space with the rear seats up, which expands to 1430L with the back row folded.
All 2022 GLA models are covered by a five-year/unlimted kilometre warranty.
Maintenance in the all 2022 GLA models except the AMG 45 S is required every 12 months or 25,000km. The GLA45 S needs servicing every 12 months or 20,000km.
Service plans are available in three, four, or five-year increments. Pricing is below:
|36 months/three years||48 months/four years||60 months/five years|
|AMG GLA45 S||$3000||$3700||$4300|
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLA hasn’t technically been crashed tested by safety authorities ANCAP or EuroNCAP.
ANCAP awarded the GLA a five-star safety rating after using its platform-mate, the B-Class, as a base for the testing results in 2019.
It received a score of 96 per cent for adult occupant protection, 92 per cent for child occupant protection, 79 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 77 per cent for safety assist.
All 2022 GLA models come standard with the following safety equipment:
- Active bonnet
- Lane-keep assist
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Pre-Safe accident anticipatory assist
- Nine airbags
- Blind-spot monitoring with exit warning
- Reversing camera
- Road sign display
The 2022 GLA200 comes standard with the following:
- Comfort Seats in Artico leatherette upholstery
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tailgate
- Thermotronic climate control
- MBUX infotainment with dual 10.25-inch displays
- Satellite navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Selectable drive modes
- 64-colour ambient interior lighting
- Rain-sensing wipers
- DAB+ radio
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- LED fixed headlights with adaptive high beam
- 19-inch multi-spoke alloy wheels
- Progressive Equipment Line styling
- Rear seat sliding adjustment (NEW)
The $1990 Driving Assistance Package adds:
- Front cross-traffic alert
- Blind-spot monitoring with active assist
- Adaptive cruise control
The $2590 Sports package adds:
- Custom floor mats
- Privacy glass
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Paddle shifters
- Sports steering wheel with variable-ratio turning
- Drilled front and rear disc brakes
- Lowered suspension
The $1390 Seat Comfort package adds heated, power-adjustable front seats with memory and manual driver’s seat lumbar adjustment, while the $1990 Vision Package adds matrix LED cornering headlights and a power sunroof.
Stepping up to the GLA250 4Matic adds the following:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Front seats with heating, electric adjustment and memory
- Lowered comfort suspension
- Sports-direct steering
- Off-Road Engineering Package
- Remote engine start via Mercedes Me Connect app
- 19-inch five-spoke alloys
- Augmented navigation instruction in infotainment system (NEW)
- Cargo net (NEW)
The AMG GLA35 4Matic adds:
- AMG Performance steering wheel in nappa leather
- Steering-mounted AMG Drive Unit
- AMG Ride Control sports suspension
- AMG high-performance brakes
- AMG exhaust
- AMG speed-sensitive power steering
- AMG Night Package
- AMG-specific body styling
- Comfort Sport Seats in Lugano leather
- 20-inch AMG five-twin-spoke alloys
- Head-up display (NEW)
- Puddle lamps (NEW)
- Matrix LED headlights (NEW)
- MBUX assistant (NEW)
- Surround-view camera (NEW)
The AMG GLA45 S 4Matic+ adds:
- AMG Driver’s Package (top speed lifted to 265km/h)
- AMG Performance steering wheel in Dinamica microfibre with contrast stitching
- Comfort Sports seats in ‘Yellow Cut’ leather with contrast stitching
- AMG Track Pace
- Burmester surround sound system
- Driving Assistance Package Plus including:
- Active Distance Assist ‘Distronic’ (adaptive cruise control)
- Front cross-traffic assist
- Lane Change Assist
- Route-based speed adaptation
- AMG-specific body styling with roof-mounted spoiler lip and AMG rear apron with specific diffuser
- AMG exhaust system
- AMG brakes (360 x 36mm perforated front discs and 330 x 22mm perforated rears)
- Six-piston fixed front calipers and one-piston floating rear calipers
- 4Matic+ all-wheel drive with AMG Torque Control
- Body shell stiffening
- AMG-specific front steering knuckles and rear axle sub-frame