Audi’s most expensive model in Australia, following the retirement of the R8, has received a mid-life freshening.
The 2022 Audi S8 is available to order now, with the first examples arriving in the country.
The price is up by just over $13,000 compared to the outgoing model, to $273,400 before on-road costs.
External tweaks for the S8 include new OLED tail lights with a different design to the A8, which also change their design when stationary based on the selected drive mode.
There’s also a more upright grille and restyled bumpers.
The updated A8 and S8 were revealed last November and were originally set to launch in mid-2022, but supply issues have prevented Audi from following its original launch schedule.
- 2022 Audi S8: $273,400
Price excludes on-road costs.
The 2022 Audi S8 is powered by a twin-turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine with a 48V mild-hybrid system and cylinder deactivation technology. The latter can shut down four cylinders under light throttle load.
It produces 420kW of power and 800Nm of torque, with a claimed 0-100km/h time of 3.8 seconds.
The S8 uses an eight-speed automatic transmission and Audi’s quattro all-wheel drive system.
Torque is distributed 40:60 front/rear in normal driving, but up to 85 per cent of engine torque can be sent to the rear.
The 2022 Audi S8 uses 10.5L/100km on the combined cycle, and requires 98 RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2022 Audi S8 measures 5190mm long, 1945mm wide (2130mm including the mirrors) and 1475mm tall on a 2998mm wheelbase.
The Audi S8 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with five years of roadside assistance.
S8 buyers also receive access to the Audi Experience loyalty program for the duration of the warranty period, which gives access to events and special offers.
A five-year service plan is available for $4030, while you can extend your warranty with a two-year Audi Advantage pack. This includes warranty coverage, two years of scheduled servicing and two years of roadside assistance for $4800. You can buy two of these back-to-back.
The Audi S8 remains unrated by ANCAP and Euro NCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keep assist
- Safe exit warning
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Surround-view camera
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Traffic jam assist
The S8 comes standard with:
- Matrix LED headlights
- Night vision assist with marking lights
- OLED tail lights
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Rear privacy glass
- Red brake callipers
- Configurable dual exhaust
- Predictive Active Suspension
- Air suspension
- Dynamic all-wheel steering
- Semi-automatic parking assist
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Virtual Cockpit Plus digital instrument cluster
- Head-up display
- 10.1-inch and 8.6-inch touchscreens
- Dual 10.1-inch rear displays
- Digital TV
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 23-speaker 1920W Bang & Olufsen 3D sound system
- Valcona leather upholstery
- Heated, ventilated and massaging front seats
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Carbon vector and dark brushed aluminium inlays
- Stainless steel pedals
- Extended leather upholstery package
- Matrix LED rear reading lights
- Power outboard rear seats with heating and memory
- Power sunblinds
- Panoramic sunroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
There are nine exterior colours and three interior colour schemes available.
MORE: Everything Audi S8