The 2021 Volkswagen Golf Wagon is locked in for Australia.
It touches down in Australia in July 2021, hot on the heels of the hatchback range.
The Golf R wagon will follow the two-tier range priced here early in 2022.
The Golf Wagon has 611L of boot space – 230L more than the hatchback. Fold the seats and that expands to 1642L, up 405L on the smaller hatch.
- 2021 Volkswagen Golf Wagon: $33,550
- 2021 Volkswagen Golf Wagon Life: $36,250
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The mainstream Golf range will be powered by a 1.4-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine in Australia, making 110kW of power and 250Nm of torque.
It’s front-wheel drive and has an eight-speed torque converter automatic transmission as standard. No manual is offered, unlike in the hatchback.
The 2021 Volkswagen Golf Wagon with a 1.4-litre turbocharged engine uses 5.9L/100km on the combined cycle.
The 2021 Volkswagen Golf Wagon measures 4633mm long, 1789mm wide and 1483mm tall, with a 2686mm wheelbase.
Boot space is a claimed 611L in the 2021 Golf Wagon with the rear seats in place, and 1642L with them folded.
The 2021 Volkswagen Golf is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Maintenance is required every 12 months or 15,000km and Volkswagen offers three- and five-year prepaid service packages for $1100 or $1900 respectively.
The 2021 Volkswagen Golf has a five-star ANCAP rating based on testing carried out by Euro NCAP in 2019.
It scored 95 per cent for adult occupant protection, 89 per cent for child occupant protection, 76 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 80 per cent for safety assist.
Standard safety equipment in Australia includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist monitoring
- Multi-collision brake
- Lane-keep assist
- Front cross-traffic assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Parking sensors
- Reversing camera
Opting for the Life brings Emergency Assist and Volkswagen’s exit warning system.
All models feature eight airbags as standard.
Standard equipment in the Volkswagen Golf Wagon includes:
- IQ Drive highway driving assistant
- LED headlights
- Digital Cockpit (10.25-inch digital instruments)
- 8.25-inch infotainment screen with wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Tri-zone climate control
- LED headlights and tail lights
- Cloth seating
- 16-inch alloy wheels
Moving to the Volkswagen Golf Wagon Life brings:
- Digital Cockpit Pro (configurable digital instruments)
- 10-inch infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Comfort seats with lumbar adjustment
- Power folding exterior mirrors
- Factory satellite navigation
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tailgate
- Luggage partition net
- 17-inch alloy wheels
Metallic paint is a $600 option, while premium metallic paint is a $900 option. A trio of options is available for the Golf Wagon Life.
The Sound and Vision Package ($1500) brings:
- Head-up display
- Harman/Kardon 480W sound system with nine speakers
The Comfort and Style Package ($2000) brings:
- Microfleece cloth trim
- Comfort sport front seats
- 30-colour ambient lighting
- Panoramic glass sunroof ($1800 standalone option)