The 2020 Nissan X-Trail is available in 10 variants with pricing ranging from $29,890 before on-road costs for the petrol front-drive ST manual to $48,340 before on-roads for the all-wheel drive turbo-diesel TL.
Unveiled in 2013, the third-generation Nissan X-Trail continues to sell admirably in the medium SUV segment, accounting for around 11 per cent of sales.
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST 2.0L petrol manual: $29,890
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST 2.5L petrol FWD: $31,890
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST 2.5L petrol AWD: $33,890
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST 2.5L petrol seven-seat: $33,490
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail TS 2.0L diesel AWD: $36,690
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST-L 2.5L petrol: $37,700
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST-L 2.5L petrol seven-seat: $39,300
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST-L 2.5L petrol AWD: $39,700
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail Ti 2.5L petrol AWD: $45,340
- 2020 Nissan X-Trail TL 2.0L diesel AWD: $48,340
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Nissan X-Trail is available with two petrol engines.
The base ST manual has a 2.0-litre petrol with 106kW and 200Nm.
All other petrol models have a 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine making 126kW and 226Nm, mated with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The TS and TL models are fitted with a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel offering 130kW and 380Nm.
The 2020 front-wheel drive Nissan X-Trail manual uses 8.2L/100km on the combined cycle.
Interestingly the 2.5-litre front-wheel drive variant, equipped with a CVT as standard, is more fuel efficient – drinking 7.9L/100km for the five-seat model and 8.1L/100km for the seven-seater.
The all-wheel wheel drive 2.5-litre drinks at 8.3L/100km.
The most economical model in the X-Trail range is the 2.0-litre turbo-diesel, which requires 6.0L/100km or 6.1L/100km depending on the trim.
The 2020 Nissan X-Trail measures 4690mm long, 1740mm tall and 1820mm wide, with a 2705mm wheelbase.
The X-Trail weighs 1425kg for the base 2.0-litre and tops out at 1664kg for the range-topping turbo-diesel.
The five-seat Nissan X-Trail’s boot has a luggage capacity of 565L with the rear seats up, and 945L when they’re folded down.
For the seven-seat variant, the luggage capacity of the boot is just 135L with all three rows in place.
This rises to 445L when the third row is folded, and 825L with both rows flattened.
The Nissan X-Trail has an ANCAP safety rating of five stars.
All X-Trail models are fitted with autonomous emergency braking (AEB), a reversing camera, and dusk-sensing headlights as standard.
You’ll have to step up the range to get AEB with pedestrian detection, a surround view monitor, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control.
The 2020 Nissan X-Trail ST and TS come with the following standard features:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Hill start assist
- Push-button start
- Cruise control
- Electric mirrors with power folding
- Air conditioning
- 5.0-inch infotainment screen
- Six-speaker audio system
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Heated and cooled cup holders
- Reversing camera
- Dusk-sensing headlights
Moving up to the Nissan X-Trail ST-L brings:
- Leatherette steering wheel
- Leatherette seat trim
- Electric driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Electric passenger seat
- Heated front seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- Surround view monitor
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Roof rails
- Heated mirrors
- Fog lights
- Rear privacy glass
The range-topping Nissan X-Trail Ti and TL also feature:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- All-wheel drive with hill descent control
- Automatic high beam
- Self-dimming rear view mirror
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
- Powered tailgate with motion detection
- Eight-speaker Bose sound system
- Tilt-and-slide panoramic sunroof
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Lane keeping assist (Ti only)
- Adaptive cruise control (Ti only)
The ST and ST-L petrol front-wheel drive models can be had with either five or seven seats.
All other variants are only available with five seats.
The 2020 Nissan X-Trail has capped price servicing with regular costs limited to between $226 and $520 depending on model and service.
Required service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first.