The 2020 Mazda CX-3 is available in 13 variants, with prices ranging from $22,710 before on-road costs for the manual front-drive Neo Sport to $38,450 before on-roads for the automatic all-wheel drive Akari LE.
Launched in 2015, the first-ever CX-3 has been a strong seller since arriving in Australia. According to the latest VFACTS figures, it controls just over 60 per cent of the light SUV segment.
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport FWD manual: $22,710
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport FWD manual: $24,650
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport FWD: $24,710
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport FWD: $26,650
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 sTouring FWD manual: $28,840
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport AWD: $28,650
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 sTouring FWD: $30,840
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 sTouring AWD: $32,840
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Akari FWD manual: $33,950
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Akari FWD: $35,950
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Akari LE FWD: $36,450
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Akari AWD: $37,950
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 Akari LE AWD: $38,450
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Mazda CX-3 is available with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with 110kW and 195Nm.
It is available in front-wheel drive with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
All-wheel drive models feature a six-speed automatic as standard.
The front-wheel drive 2020 Mazda CX-3 manual uses 6.6L/100km on the combined cycle, while the automatic drinks just 6.3L/100km.
The all-wheel drive CX-3 is rated at 6.7L/100km.
The 2020 Mazda CX-3 measures 4275mm long, 1535mm tall and 1765mm wide, with a 2570mm wheelbase.
The Mazda CX-3 weighs between 1266kg for the front-drive manual and 1371kg for the range-topping all-wheel drive variant.
The Mazda CX-3’s boot has a luggage capacity of 264L with the rear seats in place, and 1174L when they’re folded down.
The 2020 Mazda CX-3 has an ANCAP safety rating of five stars.
All CX-3 models are fitted with low-speed autonomous emergency braking, rear parking sensors, and a reversing camera.
Safety kit fitted to more expensive variants includes blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, front parking sensors, traffic sign recognition, adaptive cruise control, a surround-view monitor, adaptive headlights, and lane-departure warning.
The Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport features with the following standard equipment:
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Electric mirrors
- Electric parking brake
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Push-button start
- Rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Low-speed autonomous emergency braking
Moving up to the Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport brings:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Climate control
- Satellite navigation
- Dusk-sensing headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Folding arm rest for rear seat
- Leather steering wheel
- Sunglass holder
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
The Mazda CX-3 sTouring adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Auto folding wing mirrors
- LED headlamps with daytime driving lights
- LED front fog lights
- LED tail-lights
- Fake leather accents for seats
- Head-up display
- Self-dimming rear view mirror
- Keyless entry
- Front parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
- Driver attention alerts
Move up to the Mazda CX-3 Akari and you’ll also enjoy:
- Power tilt/slide sunroof
- Heated front seats
- Electric driver’s seat
- Leather seats
- Adaptive cruise control
- Surround view monitor
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Lane departure warning
The range-topping Mazda CX-3 Akari LE gains:
- Dark russet Nappa leather seats and interior trim
- Bright alloy wheels
- Pure white interior accents
The 2020 Mazda CX-3 requires maintenance every 12 months or 10,000km – whichever comes first.
Services cost between $324 and $383 per visit, depending on whether you select front- or all-wheel drive.