The 2020 Kia Seltos range starts at $25,490 before on-road costs for the base S, topping out at $40,900 for the range-topping GT-Line. Kia regularly does drive-away offers, however.
Launched in 2019, the Seltos is Kia’s first model in the small SUV segment and goes head-to-head with the top-selling Mazda CX-3 and Mitsubishi ASX.
- 2020 Kia Seltos S: $25,490 ($26,490 drive-away)
- 2020 Kia Seltos S with Safety Pack: $26,490 ($27,490 d/a)
- 2020 Kia Seltos Sport: $28,90 ($29,990 d/a)
- 2020 Kia Seltos Sport with Safety Pack: $29,490 ($30,990 d/a)
- 2020 Kia Seltos Sport Plus: $31,990 ($33,490 d/a)
- 2020 Kia Seltos Sport Plus 1.6T AWD: $35,490 ($36,990 d/a)
- 2020 Kia Seltos GT-Line AWD: $40,900 ($42,490 d/a)
The 2020 Kia Seltos range comes with a choice of two engines and four different trim levels or six if you count, as Kia does, models with the optional Safety Pack.
All Seltos models bar the range-topping GT-Line come with a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 110kW and 180Nm. It’s mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The GT-Line comes standard with all-wheel drive and a turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder engine producing 130kW and 265Nm, mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic. This powertrain is also optional in Sport Plus grade.
The 2020 Kia Seltos, when equipped with the standard 2.0-litre four-cylinder, consumes 6.8L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle.
The turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder uses 7.6L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle.
Both engines need only 91RON regular unleaded fuel and can run on E10.
The 2020 Kia Seltos measures 4370mm long, 1615mm tall (including the roof rails) and 1800mm wide.
The Seltos’ total luggage space is 433L, increasing to 1393L with the rear seats folded.
When the Kia Seltos was tested by ANCAP in 2019, it received a rating of five stars.
All models received an adult occupant protection score of 85 per cent, child occupant protection score of 83 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 61 per cent and a safety assist score of 70 per cent.
All 2020 Kia Seltos models come standard with lane-keeping assist, anti-lock brakes, front, front side and curtain airbags and autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning.
Up-spec models and those with the Safety Pack add a more advanced autonomous emergency braking with cyclist detection, while the Sport Plus and GT-Line include blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
The base Seltos S comes with the following standard features:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- Lane-keeping assist
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Cruise control
- Six-speaker sound system
The Seltos Sport adds the following standard features:
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size spare
- Front fog lights
- Premium steering wheel and shift knob
- DAB digital radio
- Satellite navigation
The optional Safety Pack adds the following features to the Seltos S and Sport:
- Electronic parking brake
- Adaptive cruise control
- 15-inch rear disc brakes
The Seltos Sport Plus adds the following features over the Sport with Safety Pack:
- Front parking sensors
- Electrochromic auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Cloth and artificial leather upholstery
- Remote start
When equipped with the optional turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder, the Seltos Sport Plus also includes as standard:
- All-wheel drive
- Multi-link rear suspension
The Seltos GT-Line adds the following features:
- Lane-following assist
- LED daytime running lights
- LED headlights
- LED fog lights
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Eight-way power passenger’s seat
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Head-up display
- 7.0-inch colour instrument cluster display
- Ambient lighting
- Qi wireless phone charging
- Bose eight-speaker premium sound system
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Artificial leather upholstery
Kia offers seven years of capped-price servicing in addition to its seven-year, unlimited kilometre warranty.
The 2020 Kia Seltos 2.0-litre requires servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first, while the Kia Seltos 1.6T requires servicing every 12 months or 10,000km.
When equipped with the 2.0-litre four, the Seltos has an average cost per service of $402 while Seltos models with the turbocharged 1.6-litre have an average service cost of $466.