Following the reveal of its updated A4 and A5, Audi has revealed the refreshed 2020 Audi S4 and S5. They’ll arrive in local showrooms in October.
The most significant change is the latest version of Audi’s MMI infotainment system, boasting a larger, 10.1-inch touchscreen.
Visual tweaks include a wider, flatter grille with a new honeycomb insert within and ventilation slots above.
Pricing has increased only slightly across the range, with the S5 Coupe and Sportback’s prices up by $1000, the S5 Cabriolet up by $1460, and the S4 Avant up by $500.
The S4 Sedan’s price remains unchanged, opening the range at $99,900 before on-road costs.
- 2020 Audi S4 Sedan: $99,900
- 2020 Audi S4 Avant: $102,400
- 2020 Audi S5 Coupe: $106,900
- 2020 Audi S5 Sportback: $106,900
- 2020 Audi S5 Cabriolet: $120,400
All prices exclude on-road costs.
All 2020 Audi S4 and S5 models feature quattro all-wheel drive and a turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 engine with 260kW of power and 500Nm of torque, mated to an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Audi quotes a 0-100km/h time of 4.7 seconds for the S4 Sedan and S5 Coupe, 4.8 seconds for the S5 Sportback, 4.9 seconds for the S4 Avant and 5.1 seconds for the S5 Cabriolet.
On the ADR combined cycle, the Audi S5 Coupe and Sportback and S4 Avant consume 8.8L/100km. The S4 Sedan consumes 8.6L/100km, while the S5 Cabriolet consumes 9.1L/100km.
The S4 and S5 require 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2020 Audi S4 measures 4770mm long, 1404mm tall (1433mm in the Avant) and 1847mm wide excluding the mirrors.
The 2020 Audi S5 measures 4705mm long (4757mm in the Sportback) and 1846mm wide (1843mm in the Sportback). Height varies – the Coupe is 1368mm tall, the Sportback 1395mm, and the Cabriolet 1382mm.
Luggage capacity also varies. It’s 420L in the S4 Sedan and S4 Avant, expanding to 1435L in the latter with the second row folded. It’s 410L in the S5 Coupe, 480L in the S5 Sportback and 375L in the S5 Cabriolet.
The Audi S4 and S5 haven’t specifically been tested by ANCAP, but the safety body has recorded an ANCAP rating of five stars for the A4 and A5 based on Euro NCAP testing conducted in 2015 of the A4.
The five-star rating was based on an adult occupant protection score of 89 per cent, child occupant protection score of 87 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 75 per cent and a safety assist score of 75 per cent.
All 2020 Audi S4 and S5 models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection, as well as lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, collision avoidance assist, rear cross-traffic alert, an active bonnet, and an exit warning system.
The S5 Cabriolet has front and front-side airbags, the S5 Coupe adds curtain airbags front and rear, and the S4 and S5 Sportback add rear-side airbags.
All 2020 Audi S4 and S5 models come standard with:
- 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, DAB+ digital radio and satellite navigation
- 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster
- Qi wireless phone charging
- 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen premium sound system
- Head-up display
- Adaptive suspension
- Matrix LED headlights with dynamic indicators, adaptive high beam and dynamic cornering lights
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop&Go and traffic jam assist
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Tri-zone climate control
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with paddle shifters
- Power front sport seats with four-way power lumbar
- Driver’s seat memory
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Matte brushed aluminium interior trim
- Black fabric headliner
All S4 models feature 19-inch alloy wheels while all S5 models have 20-inch alloy wheels.
Heated front seats are standard in both S4 models and the S5 Cabriolet, with heated rear seats also standard in the latter. Heated front and rear seats are only an option in the S5 Coupe and Sportback.
Other options include:
- Carbon and black appearance package (S4 Sedan, S5 Coupe and S5 Sportback only)
- Quattro sport differential
- Matrix LED headlights with laser light
- Sunroof (panoramic in S4 Avant, S5 Coupe and S5 Sportback)
Audi offers both a three-year and a five-year servicing plan, priced at $1920 and $2950, respectively.