2023 Polestar 2
About the Polestar 2
The 2023 Polestar 2’s base price has been increased by $4000 to $63,900 before on-roads, while all other members of the range have received $3500 price hikes.
Skip to chapter
2023 Polestar 2 review (inc. 0-100 & autonomy tests)
I've owned a Tesla Model 3 previously and was super keen to jump behind the wheel of the updated 2023 Polestar 2 - this one is the long-range two-wheel drive version. So how did it go?
Polestar 2 Photo Gallery
2024 Polestar 2 review
2023 Polestar 2 Long Range Single Motor review
2023 Polestar 2 review
2022 Kia EV6 v Polestar 2 v Tesla Model 3 comparison
2022 Polestar 2 Long Range Single Motor review
2022 Polestar 2 review
Podcast: Polestar 2, Annoying drivers & we answer YOUR questions!
2024 Polestar 2 wait times revealed
Polestar rejects Tesla's electric car 'price war' and discounts
Polestar 2 recalled
2024 Polestar 2 price and specs
Polestar 2 gains extra functionality with latest software update
2024 Polestar 2 BST Edition 230 revealed, not for Australia
'Thrilling' Polestar 2 coming soon
Polestar 2 moves to RWD, in Australia from Q3
Could the Polestar 2 EV go rear-wheel drive?
2024 Polestar 2 EV facelift spied
Hertz on why your next rental car might be an EV
Polestar's EV order bank expanding rapidly, looks to boost production
Volvo, Polestar adding Apple CarPlay to latest infotainment
Polestar 2 BST Edition 270 unveiled, ruled out for Australia
Polestar 2 gains extra power with $1600 software update
2023 Polestar 2 price and specs
Hertz adding Polestar 2 to Australian fleets
Polestar preparing to report sales, as deliveries begin
Polestar 2 temporarily losing feature due to chip shortage
2022 Polestar 2 EV earns five-star ANCAP safety rating
Polestar 2 deliveries start in weeks, with seven-day money-back policy
Polestar 2 Arctic Circle: Rally-ready EV revealed
Polestar 2 reservations open in Australia, early demand high
Polestar launching with guaranteed future value financing
Volvo XC40 Recharge gains range with over-the-air update
Polestar 2 electric car priced to challenge Tesla Model 3 and Ioniq 5
2022 Polestar 2 price and specs
Polestar 'Beast': One-off revealed for Goodwood
Polestar 2 Range Guide
All Polestar 2 models come standard with the following equipment:
- 11.2-inch touchscreen Android Automotive infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay (arriving in Spring)
- Eight-speaker 250W sound system
- Heated front seats
- Semi-electric front seats (manually-adjustable backrest)
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Dual-zone climate control
- Keyless entry and start
- Ambient lighting
- Embossed textile seats
- Polestar Digital Key (phone-based locking and unlocking)
- Power tailgate
- LED headlights with active high-beam
- Cruise control
- 7m Mode 2, Type 1 home charging cable
- 19-inch alloy wheels
The $3400 Pilot Lite Pack adds:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Pilot Assist
- Surround-view camera
- Side parking sensors
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- LED front fog lights
The $6000 Plus Pack adds:
- 13-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
- WeaveTech vegan upholstery and Black Ash deco panels or Nappa leather with Light Ash deco panels
- Fully-electric heated front seats with memory
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated wiper nozzles
- Heat pump
- Fixed panoramic glass roof
- Wireless phone charging
- Ambient lighting
- Air quality cabin sensor and filter
- “High-level” interior illumination
The $8000 Performance Pack, available only on the Long Range Dual Motor, adds:
- Forged 20-inch alloy wheels
- Brembo brakes
- Gold seat belts
- Adjustable Öhlins dampers
How it Drives
The 2023 Polestar 2 offers a choice of three electric powertrains.
The Standard Range Single Motor features a 69kWh battery and a front-mounted electric motor that produces 170kW of power and 330Nm of torque.
The Long Range Single Motor upgrades to a 78kWh battery, with outputs of 170kW and 330Nm.
The flagship Long Range Dual Motor also uses a 78kWh battery, but produces 300kW of power and 660Nm of torque.
0-100km/h times are 7.4 seconds for single-motor variants and 4.7 seconds for the dual-motor version.
Polestar 2 Safety Rating
The Polestar 2 has a five-star Euro NCAP rating.
It received an adult occupant protection score of 93 per cent, a child occupant protection score of 89 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection score of 80 per cent, and a safety assist score of 86 per cent.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with cyclist and pedestrian detection and steering assistance
- Oncoming Lane Mitigation (steers the car back into its lane if you veer into the path of an oncoming vehicle)
- Run-Off Road Mitigation (steers the car back onto the road if it detects you’ll veer off of it)
- Lane-keep assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Driver attention monitoring
- Eight airbags
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
Polestar 2 Warranty
The Polestar 2 is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with an eight-year, 160,000km battery warranty.
All models come with free servicing and roadside assistance for five years.