Only the hatchback body style (no cabriolet) in a single Turismo trim will be offered, though Abarth will launch the model with a limited run of the special edition Scorpionissima.
The company has yet to release pricing.
The special edition Scorpionissima builds on the Turismo with unique decals and a digital certificate of authenticity.
A total of 1949 Scorpionissimas will be built, with 219 coming to Australia.
The 500e uses a single front-mounted electric motor producing 113.7kW of power and 235Nm of torque, good for a 0-100km/h time of 7.0 seconds.
It uses a 42kWh battery, with 252km of range on the WLTP cycle. It supports DC fast charging at up to 85kW, reaching 80 per cent capacity in 35 minutes.
Abarth says the electric architecture offers improved weight distribution and a longer wheelbase than the petrol model.
The company also says there’s 50 per cent faster acceleration from 20 to 40km/h and better performance not only in highway overtaking, but also on hairpin bends.
There are three drive modes: Turismo, Scorpion Street, and Scorpion Track. A one-pedal drive driving feature is available on all bar Scorpion Track.
Also present on the 500e is the Abarth Sound Generator, which the company says adds a “signature and unmistakable roar” that reproduces the sound of an Abarth petrol engine.
Specification highlights of the 500e Turismo and Scorpionissima include:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Full LED exterior lighting
- Automatic headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Panoramic fixed glass roof
- Privacy glass
- Titanium grey mirror caps
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Alcantara seat and dash upholstery
- Leather and Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 7.0-inch digital instrument cluster
- Keyless entry and start
- Climate control
- DAB+ digital radio
- Six-speaker JBL sound system
- Heated front seats
- Height-adjustable driver seat
- Metal pedals and sill plates
- 50:50 split/fold rear seats
- USB-A and USB-C outlets
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Wireless phone charger
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Driver attention monitoring
- Front, side and rear parking sensors
- Intelligent speed limit assist
- Lane centring
- Lane-keep assist
- Reversing camera
- Traffic sign recognition
The 500e Turismo will be offered in Antidote White, Venom Black, Adrenaline Red, Acid Green and Poison Blue exterior finishes, while the limited edition Scorpionissima is offered either in Acid Green with black decals or Poison Blue with white decals.
MORE: Everything Abarth 500e