General Motors Specialty Vehicles (GMSV) is fitting the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray with extra safety kit in Australia for 2024, although it comes at a cost.
The 2024 Chevrolet Corvette line-up is set to arrive locally late this year and will feature forward collision alert and low-speed autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane-keep assist and lane departure warning, and auto high-beam assist as standard.
It’s also picked up a new spoiler design, two new wheel options, and a trio of fresh colours – while the front boot is now soft-close, removing the need for owners to press down to have it latch.
Minor interior tweaks have brought about new graphics and animations on the infotainment display.
The hottest petrol-only Corvette – the Z06 – will start arriving in Australia late in 2023, priced from $336,000 before on-road costs – a $121,000 increase over the most expensive 3LT Convertible sitting below it in the range.
- Chevrolet Corvette 2LT Coupe: $175,000
- Chevrolet Corvette 3LT Convertible: $190,000
- Chevrolet Corvette 3LT Coupe: $190,000
- Chevrolet Corvette 3LT Convertible: $205,000
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Coupe: $336,000
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Power on 2LT and 3LT models comes from a naturally aspirated 6.2-litre V8 engine making 369kW of power and 637Nm of torque. It’s mated to an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission, and the car is rear-wheel drive.
According to the US economy figures, the combined fuel economy figure is 12.4 litres per 100km for the 2LT and 3LT.
The official claim for the Z06 is 15.7 litres per 100km.
No local figures are available.
The Corvette measures 4634mm long, 1934mm wide and 1234mm tall, with a 2722mm wheelbase.
The front track measures 1647mm wide; the rear track measures 1590mm wide. Tare mass is 1638kg.
Claimed boot space is 357 litres across the front and rear boots.
The Chevrolet Corvette covered by a three-year, 100,000km warranty (whichever comes first) along with three years of what GMSV calls Roadside Ultra Assistance.
Service intervals are one-year/12,000km – whichever occurs first – while capped-price servicing isn’t currently offered on Corvette in this market.
The Chevrolet Corvette has not been crash-tested in the United States or in Australia, so there’s no ANCAP safety rating.
However, it does come with four airbags (dual front airbags and side impact airbags), a reversing camera displayed in the rear-view mirror, blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, and park assist.
The Corvette also comes with a Weather drive mode for wet or slippery conditions.
The 2024 Corvette line-up set to arrive locally late this year will feature forward collision alert and low-speed autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane-keep assist and lane departure warning, and auto high-beam assist as standard.
- Front lift suspension system
- Keyless entry and start
- Heated and power folding mirrors
- Soft-close engine hatch cover
- Soft-close front boot lid (NEW)
- Engine appearance package
- 19-inch front and 20-inch rear five-spoke open wheels in bright silver
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres (as part of the Z51 Performance Package)
- GT2 bucket seats in Nappa leather with perforated inserts
- Eight-way powered seats with memory
- incl. powered bolsters and lumbar adjustment
- Heated and ventilated seats
- Suede microfibre-wrapped A-pillars, headliner and rear seat covering
- Leather-wrapped and heated steering wheel with power adjust
- Leather-wrapped instrument panel
- Leather door panels
- Luggage nets front & rear
- 12-inch configurable driver’s instrument cluster
- 8.0-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Satellite Navigation
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (wireless)
- Head-up display
- Performance data recorder
- Wireless phone charging
- Bose 14-speaker sound system
- Dual-zone climate control
The Z06 adds:
- Carbon-fibre steering wheel trim
- Suede microfibre door trim
The Z07 Performance Package for the Z06 adds:
- Carbon ceramic brakes
- Carbon exterior highlights
- Unique suspension tuning
- Stickier tyres
- Carbon fibre wheels