The 2022 Jeep Cherokee mid-sized SUV is now solely available with all-wheel drive and V6 power.
Prices start from $50,450 before on-road costs for the Limited trim and extend to $53,150 before on-road costs for both the Trailhawk and S-Limited trims.
Jeep is discontinuing the 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine option globally for the 2022 model year, according to a Stellantis spokesperson.
The Cherokee continues to be unique in its segment by offering a V6.
- 2022 Jeep Cherokee Limited AWD: $50,450
- 2022 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4WD: $53,150
- 2022 Jeep Cherokee S-Limited AWD: $53,150
All prices exclude on-road costs
Gone is the 2.4-litre naturally-aspirated ‘Tigershark’ four-cylinder from the range, with the Cherokee now exclusively powered by a 3.2-litre naturally-aspirated V6.
This V6 produces 200kW of power and 315Nm of torque and is mated to a nine-speed automatic. Jeep claims a 0-100km/h time of 7.5 seconds for the Limited and S-Limited trims and 8.5 seconds for the Trailhawk.
In the Limted and S-Limited, power is sent to all four wheels through an all-wheel drive system.
With the Trailhawk on the other hand, power is sent through a four-wheel drive system with a two-speed transfer case and locking rear differential.
The 2022 Jeep Cherokee uses a claimed 9.8L/100km on the combined cycle in Limited and S-Limited trims and 10.2L/100km in the Trailhawk trim.
All trims feature stop/start technology and require 91RON unleaded petrol.
Fuel tank capacity is 60L across the range.
The 2022 Jeep Cherokee measures 4651mm long, 1859mm wide and 1683mm tall in Limited and S-Limited trims.
The 2022 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk measures 4645mm long, 1904mm wide and 1724mm tall.
The 2022 Jeep Cherokee requires servicing every 12 months or 12,000km, whichever comes first.
In addition to a five-year, 100,000km warranty, Jeep offers five years of capped-price servicing.
Prices are as follows:
When the Jeep Cherokee was tested by ANCAP in 2016, it received a rating of five stars.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 15.16 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Whiplash and pedestrian protection were rated Good and Acceptable, respectively.
All 2022 Jeep Cherokee models come standard with the following safety equipment:
- Autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
All models also feature front, front-side and curtain airbags, as well as a driver’s knee airbag.
The Limited comes with the following standard features:
- 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation
- Leather upholstery
- Eight-way power front seats with four-way power lumbar adjustment
- Jeep Active Drive all-wheel drive system
- 18-inch Satin Chrome alloy wheels
- All-speed adaptive cruise control
- Automatic high-beam
- 7.0-inch digital cluster
- Nine-speaker Alpine sound system
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Privacy glass
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Keyless entry and start
- Remote start
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
Stepping up to the S-Limited gets you the following:
- 19-inch Granite Crystal alloy wheels
- Granite Crystal seven-slot grille surround, roof rails and badging
- Black side-window surrounds
- Body colour front fascia insert
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof
- Black headliner
- Premium leather upholstery with Tungsten accent stitching
- Tungsten accent stitching on door armrests and console
The Trailhawk adds the following:
- Jeep Active Drive Lock 4×4 system
- Jeep Select-Terrain with rock mode
- Lifted off-road suspension
- Two-speed transfer case
- Rear-locking differential
- Unique front and rear fascia
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Black hood decal
- Red tow hooks
- Hill descent control
- Underbody skid plates
- Trailhawk seats with rear accent stitching
- All-weather floor mats
- Neutral grey exterior accents
Optional on the Limited and Trailhawk trims is a dual-pane panoramic sunroof priced at $2200.
MORE: Everything Jeep Cherokee