Hyundai Australia has recalled the Genesis GV80 SUV and G80 large sedan to fix a potential fire risk.
The recall applies to vehicles with the 2.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine.
UPDATE, 10/06/2021 10:00am – Hyundai Australia says the vehicles in the recall were new, and it had received notice of the issue from the factory.
The vehicles were all rectified prior to being delivered to customers.
“The fuel delivery pipes on the 2.5T GDI engines may be defective and fuel may leak out of the pipes,” Hyundai says in its recall notice.
“Fuel leakage creates a fire risk when the engine is hot. A vehicle fire increases the risk of an accident, causing serious injury or death to vehicle occupants, other road users and bystanders, and/or damage to property.”
- A total of 11 cars are included in the recall
- Affected vehicles were sold between January 20 and April 1, 2021
- A VIN list for the seven GV80 models affected is attached here
- A VIN list for the four G80 models affected is attached here
- The original recall notice is attached here
Genesis has contacted owners of the affected vehicles and will arrange valet services to collect the cars and have them repaired.